We have some great things lined up for you this week. Tomorrow, April 5th, Donna from Steampunk Clothier Clockwork Couture will be blogging about Steampunk Fashion. Tuesday, April 6th, we’ll have artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith . Author Jana Oliver will be visiting us on Thursday, April 8th.
But, to kick off the week, I’m *very* excited to announce our Steampunk Ensemble Contest!
Starting today and running through Sunday, April 11th, 2010, you’ll have a chance to create your own Steampunk ensemble using clothes from Clockwork Couture. Ensembles will then be judged by author Gail Carriger, who will choose her top picks. All top pics will receive a prize (to be determined). From those top picks, she’ll choose one lucky winner who will win a $150 gift certificate to Clockwork Couture. (Just think of the boots, the corsets, the parasols…they have nice men’s stuff, too.)
Entering is easy!
Create your ensemble using Polyvore which is a free, easy-to-use collage site for clothes and accessories. Enter “Clockwork Couture” and you’ll see tons of their squee-worthy clothes for you to make an ensemble out of. Don’t forget to give your ensemble a name. When you’re ready, post the link to your set in the comments section of this post (sorry, only one ensemble per person).
If you’re confused, here’s an ensemble I created for a contest Clockwork Couture had several months ago:
I called it “In Which Suzanne Presents on Steampunk Romance at the RWA National Conference”
In which Suzanne presents on Steampunk Romance at the RWA National Conference by sovereignqueen on Polyvore.com
Get the idea?
For those of you who are super computer savy, you can also use pictures directly from the Clockwork Couture site (there’s more of a selection there), collage them using your own program, and host them on your own site. Just remember to post a link we can access.
1) Contest is open from April 4th to April 11th, 2010. The contest will close Sunday night at 11:59 pm PST
2) Links must be posted in the comment box before that time to be elgible. Please make sure your link can be viewed
3) One entry per person please
4) Entries must use Clockwork Couture clothing and accessories (but you can use non-clockwork couture accents, backgrounds, etc)
5) Entries will be judged the week of April 12th by our impartial guest judge, though the Lolitas or Donna may step in, if needed. Winners will be announced, and winning ensembles displayed, sometime after April 12, most likely towards the end of the week. We’ll let you know if it’ll be longer than that
6) Feel free to post/blog/tweet about the contest
7) Decision is final
8) Have fun
Please post any questions for me in the comment box. Thank you so much to Clockwork Couture for sponsoring the contest. (If I could only enter. Have you seen their boots?) Feel free to spread the word about the contest–with convention season coming, who doesn’t need more clothes?